A Virus has changed all you folders into .exe files and hidden the folders. Your antivirus doesn’t see and virus and you don’t have access to your data.
-Note the new files named porn and sexy
-Note all the files are 224KB in size and all dated with the same date and time. There is also a autorun.inf file and a could be other .exe files. Delete them all.
-There are also new entries in startup pointing at two of those files.
-I use Vipre and today with signature version 16046 the virus is detectable, however if it’s in startup it still runs folder hide etc.
Angel Computer Systems, Inc. – Computer Repair Service, Tacoma, WA
Folders changed to Application .exe
Its a virus/worm that infected you. This worm will duplicate all your folders and create an executable files with its name. The original folders will be hidden. To remove folders with .exe application follow these:
1. Install, update your antivirus application.
2. Delete all detected files. The .exe folder just removed. Now you need to do is show the original folders
3. Open File Manager
4. Go to top menu, Tools > Folder Options. Select View tab
5. Mark the “Show hidden files and folders.”
6. Go to Start > Run, type cmd at the OPEN: box, and press OK. This will show the DOS command prompt
7. Using My Computer, view the drive of hidden folders
8. Go to Command Prompt and type this to unhide all folders and files:
attrib *.* /d /s -h -r -s
2. Search the folder for autorun.inf and any other files created at the same date and time and delete them
3. Scan all thumb drives and drives with a good antivirus software.