Exchange is Microsoft’s corporate email, calendar, and contact service, built on top of the company’s lightning-fast ActiveSync protocol. Many companies use Exchange for their email services; if yours happens to be one of them, we’ve got the guide to help you set it up on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
No matter whether you use Exchange via Microsoft, Google, your company, or a third-party service, it’s all set up the same way: All you need to know are your credentials.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Tap Microsoft Exchange.
5. Enter the username and password for the account you want to sync.
6. Tap Next.
7. Enter your Exchange ActiveSync account settings (see your IT administrator or service provider if you don’t know them).
8. Tap Next.
9. Select what you want to sync (Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders).
10. Tap on the save button in the top right corner.
You can go back to Settings and configure how many days of mail you want to sync, along with advanced settings like SSL and S/MIME as well.