So now lets look at cleaning up programs that are not needed that are running when your computer starts up. To Remove unwanted programs do the following:
For Windows XP:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
For Windows 7:
- Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
Now here is a list of programs that I have removed without customers complaining.
- Most Toolbars (MSN, Yahoo, Google, Bing, Ask, Coupon Printer)
- All Versions of Java (If a program needs it it will install it again or ask you to install it)
- Adobe Download Manager
- Itunes if you don’t use it (Itunes Has multiple programs Apple App Support, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple software Update, Bonjour and Itunes
- All Coupon programs
- Mcafee Security Scan
- AOL Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger (If you Don’t use Instant Messaging)
- HP Games, etc.