This article describes how to move the autocomplete cache from one PC to another or when moving from one exchange server to another in a different organization.
1. You need to find the file. The location may be different depending on if you’re using
C:Documents and Settings%username%Application DataMicrosoftOutlookRoamCache
Windows 7 / Vista –
The file will start with ‘Stream_autocomplete’ followed by a string of hex numbers
2. Copy the file to a safe location, e.g. a USB drive.
3. On the new computer or user open the same folder location and paste in the file:
4. Open outlook send email and close Outlook
5. Find the file on the new PC that starts with “Stream_Autocomplete” and rename it. Copy the name 1st then append the name with the word old.
6. Copy autocomplete file from the thumb or USB drive into before mentioned directory on the new PC and rename it to match the file from step 5 without the old on the end.
7. Open Outlook and test.